Minecraft Crashing :(

Moderators: Rapidfire, Senior Admin, Moderators

ShangSe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Minecraft Crashing :(

Post by ShangSe » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Hello all,

I was talking with Wheels and he said that the EG MC server was up and populated again and so I have been trying to log in, but my game keeps crashing. I tried generating a new world and I crash upon loading in that world as well. I have made sure that Java is up to date and completely uninstalled MC and reinstalled it after going through hoops with Mojang support (I think they are just bots). So, I am not sure where the error log is in the files, but any help you guys can give to help debug my MC, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

ShangSe

ShangSe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Minecraft Crashing :(

Post by ShangSe » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Ok, so I found the way to display output from the program as it boots up, and everything works fine until the world completely loads, then it hangs and gives the error:
20:31:19 net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 2459ms behind, skipping 49 tick(s)
I have turned down all of the settings to their lowest, even lower than I have been using in the past, but I am not sure what to do next.

Edit: I booted it up again and it is still crashing but without the error, so IDK, its just borked.

Any help would be appreciated :),

ShangSe

ShangSe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by ShangSe » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:44 pm

OK....well....the internet finally answered my question. There is a new setting added in the newer versions of MC called "Use VBOs" which I turned off, and now it loads. So, months of frustration and it boils down to one setting, uhg!

Oh well, hope to see ya'll on the server!

ShangSe

CptJacktheripper

Post by CptJacktheripper » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:28 pm

Hey hey what is the server information my daughter and I will come play?

Nvm found it and I joined tonight!