Shang's New Computer

Ask any technical question syou have here. This is the place for game tech help, as well as general computer help.

Moderator: Moderators

ShangSe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Shang's New Computer

Post by ShangSe » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:22 pm

The day has come. Shang has just bought a new computer.

As I am about to start at a new college in January, I took advantage of a Cyber Monday sale on Amazon as well as some generosity from family members and purchased an ASUS laptop. It was kind of a whim, but it looked better than some of the other prospects I have been looking at. If you are interested here is the link http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-15-6-Inch-Co ... sr=1-5#Ask. I am not a huge fan of Windows 8, so I may end up wiping it if I can find a copy of Windows 7.

But with this new purchase also comes the confusions and hassles of learning a new system and installing "necessary" software. I know there are allot of computer experts around so I thought I would ask for any advice you guys can give.

After I figure out the necessities I will then begin the process of expanding my limited gaming library, hopefully meaning more clan gaming. But until then I say: Good bye ice pack, hello freedom.

Rapidfire
Division Head: MC
Division Head: MC
Steam Username: Rapidfire882007

Re: Shang's New Computer

Post by Rapidfire » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:21 am

Awesome! Welcome to the dark side. It's less hot over here.

RedYankee
Division Head: DOD
Division Head: DOD
Steam Username: RedYankee

Post by RedYankee » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:31 pm

NO more ice packs? You won't know what to do :) There are some tweaks for windows 8 that help and overall it's a stable OS. It is definitely more tablet friendly then Win 7
REDYANKEE

For behold, He who forms mountains and creates the wind and declares to man what are His thoughts, he who makes dawn into darkness and treads on the high places of the earth, the LORD God of hosts is His name. Amos 4:13

ShangSe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by ShangSe » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:53 pm

RedYankee wrote: It is definitely more tablet friendly then Win 7

I honestly don't care about the tablet aspect, I chose it for the storage, ram, HD screen, price and processor. Lol, the tablet is kind of a draw back in my book :).

4wheels
Colonel
Colonel

Post by 4wheels » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:30 pm

So, with great power, comes great....wait, sorry, I was having a memory of something else. :lol: Welcome to the windows world. It's not always sunny, but at least we have a breeze. Get it? See what I did there? Think about it. :D :lol:

Anyway, lets get some gaming on since she is no longer limited by the ice packs.

Thanks R!

Renegade
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Xfire Username: Renegade2u
Steam Username: sankojam

Post by Renegade » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:24 am

Maybe you can join us on Monday nights for some Counter-Strike now. Loads of fun.